Mountain Lake welcomes visitors to spend the day enjoying nature’s playground at Mountain Lake Lodge. Explore our 2,600-acre wilderness preserve and discover the magic of the mountain.
- You are welcome to tour our facilities, use our 22 miles of hiking and mountain bike trails, discover our Treetop Adventure Course, and visit our gift shop and the Mountain Lake Conservancy.
- Enjoy fresh, local cuisine at HARVEST our delicious onsite restaurant.
- Wind down after a great day of adventure at Stony Creek Tavern .
- We do not have overnight camping facilities, nor do we allow campfires.
Fees & Parking:
- Day visitors please check in at Mountain Lake Outfitters located at the entrance to the resort at the top of the Mountain to obtain your pass.
- Parking & Trail Access fee is $ 5 per vehicle/day or $25 for a Year-Round Trail Access Pass. Fees support The Mountain Lake Conservancy .
- We encourage you to provide us with your contact information so that you may receive email updates.
- Trail access parking is located 1 mile past the hotel entrance on the right, and is available year round.
- During the months of May - October, you may also park in the Mountain Lake Outfitters lot.
Please call 540-626-7121, ext. 405 or email us for more information on planning a day trip to Mountain Lake.
Explore the 22 miles of Mountain Lake trails guided by our naturalists. Guided hike schedule is available at the Mountain Lake Outfitters.
Ready for your Adrenaline kick? Virginia’s newest adventure course is located in the forest canopy at Mountain Lake. Obstacles, bridges, swings and zip lines offer various levels of challenges for the novice or the super adventure seeker. Select the course option with the level of challenge right for you. Individuals and groups welcome!
Mountain Bike Rentals
Half day and full day mountain bike rentals are available at Mountain Lake Outfitters.
A local volunteer, Mark Lattanzi, has built an orienteering course at Mountain Lake. You may obtain a course map at Mountain Lake Outfitters. Be sure to bring your own compass.
Let your treasure hunt begin. There are a variety of geocaches hidden at Mountain Lake.
Frisbee Disc Golf
This newly designed course consists of 18 INNOVA-quality holes and is located at the former professional golf course at Mountain Lake. To access the disc golf course, please park at our Outfitters building at the entrance of Mountain Lake Lodge where you can get directions to the course and a course map!
The famed Appalachian Trail is just five miles from Mountain Lake. Our Lodge is a refreshing place to stop and relax for the day or stay the night. Shuttle service to the trail is provided on request.
Cross Country Skiing & Snowshoeing
Winter is a wonderful time to visit. Mountain Lake receives ample snowfall for cross country skiing and snowshoeing.